Monday, March 23, 2009

So Amazin'

Wearing Yves Saint Laurent sunglasses and  his own  Nike Air Yeezy's (launching this summer) , Kanye West goes digital for his photoshoot in the April issue of Complex magazine. Check out some of Ye's  futuristic pics shot by Director/Photographer Chris Milk .  Sicccckkkk!





Some of the interview, Where Kanye discusses his sneaker line and Celeb life in true Kanye fashion ;0)

You’re driving us through L.A. with no driver or bodyguard—
Kanye West: Yeah. I’m rich and I’m famous, but I try not to be extra with it.


Did you consider how a recession might affect the reception of the “Martin Louis King” video you made in Paris?

Kanye West: People tune into me for escapism. When you went to the Glow in the Dark Tour, you were literally transported to another planet. I know there’s anti-rich sentiment right now, with corporate people not using their jets and Obama saying heads of banks can’t make more than $500,000, but I really feel like that tape embodied me and what Louis Vuitton is about. I’d like to think I give optimism to people when I stunt. When I have a pink watch on or tight jeans on, people talk shit about me, but if I wore all gray and black, who would be the one to wear all the bright colors? How depressing would it be if I was always depressed, or should I say, the press. I’m here to entertain people and to be the one that does the crazy, bold stuff so they can live through me and get their mind off the recession and the war and whatever else is going on in the world.


What does the brand Kanye West mean?

Kanye West: Pop but Luxury. Edgy but Comfortable. I’m about clashing worlds that you think don’t belong together. This is our world and everything belongs together. That’s the ill thing about our president. Our president is black, but our president is white, too. And the original struggle of America is racism, and to have someone in office that represents both of those sides is what I think this world is about. Segregation and snobbery and elitism should be the wack words. That should be what people use to dis people.

Your fashion endeavors have been much more exclusive and expensive than your music. Does your brand translate equally to both mediums? Do they have the same audiences?

Kanye West: It’s a similar goal. But I feel like when I do my own line it’s not going to be anywhere near as mass as I am to start off with, because it’s impossible to start off there and be credible. I have to start small not only to gain respect but to have time to learn and get better. I have to do some things that affect the world or affect culture, like I did with music. In fashion, trends are set on a high level, so I need to do stuff that hits the runway; like with the Louis shoe and its reverse tongue, that could set a trend that you’ll see on other shoes.


Source: www.complex.com

No comments: